1. Faith, George Micheal
Here is a recording of me playing a Bo Diddley rhythm on a D chord on the guitar:
Below you will find a video that gives you a step by step approach to picking up the strum by ear. Here are the steps I follow:
1. Clap the Rhythm along with the recording.
2. Strum the basic feel on a piece of paper.
3. Strum the Basic Feel on paper while singing the Bo Diddley Rhythm.
4. Think the Rhythm while strumming the basic feel and let the rhythm come out in stresses on either the down stroke or the upstroke.
5. Do 2, 3, 4 with the X strum and then with a D chord.
6. Finally! Try to make the rhythm by muting and un-muting a D chord.
All for now!
See you next week.
Tags: Bo Diddley Ukulele Strum